Soaring to New Adventures Through Reading and Writing

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Since our mom is a writer she thought it would be a fun homeschooling project to start a blog. (Personally, we'd rather spend our time playing PS2.) But since THAT is not an option, we're going to share with you our favorite books and writings.

Chris' Story (11)



I used to hate reading. I used to think it was a waste of my time. Like those old boring books nobody likes but you have to read at school. Then I found a few books I liked and I got pretty interested in the series. Then my mom found lots of other similar books I enjoyed. After that I started reading so much I could finish a 360 page book in less than a week. (Most of the time my mom didn't know I stayed up until 11:30 reading.) So I'm going to introduce you to some of my favorite books and hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Chris' Top Series Picks

Dragons in our Midst by Bryan Davis
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Left Behind The Kids by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye
SuperKids by Christopher P.N. Maselli
Laptop by Christopher P.N. Maselli
Mars Diaries by Sigmund Brouwer
The Adventures of Wishbone

Joey's Story (8)



For years I haven't enjoyed very many books. But once I earned a book from a reading program and for once I couldn't put the book down. I don't always like the same books my brother likes but most of them I do. So I'm going to introduce you to the books I like.

Joey's Top Picks
Dragons in our Midst by Bryan Davis
I, Freddy by Dietlof Reiche
Superkids by Christopher P.N. Maselli
Laptop by Christopher P.N. Maselli
Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown

Mom's Story (?)

Yes, it's true! I'm forcing my sons to write this blog, but I have a feeling they're going to have a lot of fun with it and hopefully turn you on to some awesome books and adventures. So sit right back, buckle your seatbelt, and get ready for take off into a world of imagination.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Maselli said...

Awesome idea, guys! And I'm honored to be mentioned on BOTH your lists. I'll look forward to reading more about your reading adventures. :)

Chris

12:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love the Chronicles of Narnia and read them every year at Christmas! My favorite is "The Voyage of the Dawntreader".
Jana

7:59 AM

 
Blogger Bryan Davis said...

Wow! My books are on both lists! Thank you so much for your faithful readership.

I love the pic at the top with the Raising Dragons book. May I borrow it?

If I can help you with your blog in any way, please let me know.

Bryan Davis

9:33 PM

 
Blogger Camy Tang said...

This is a great idea, you guys!
Camy

2:02 PM

 
Blogger max said...

Hey, Nick and Tony

Someone on one of my writer's groups mentioned your site. It looks great. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing some of my mystery / adventures for readers 8 and up; especially boys? I grew up hating to read.

Take a look at my site at http://maxbooks.9k.com and over 30 pages of reviews at http://maxbookreviews.blogspot.com/ and see what you think.

Thanks,

Max Elliot Anderson
mander8813@aol.com

NEWSPAPER CAPER, TERROR AT WOLF LAKE, NORTH WOODS POACHERS, MOUNTAIN CABIN MYSTERY, BIG RIG RUSTLERS, SECRET OF ABBOTT'S CAVE & LEGEND OF THE WHITE WOLF, are compared by readers and reviewers to Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, Scooby-Doo and adventure author Jack London.

4:43 PM

 
Blogger max said...

Hey, Nick and Tony

Someone on one of my writer's groups mentioned your site. It looks great. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing some of my mystery / adventures for readers 8 and up; especially boys? I grew up hating to read.

Take a look at my site at http://maxbooks.9k.com and over 30 pages of reviews at http://maxbookreviews.blogspot.com/ and see what you think.

Thanks,

Max Elliot Anderson
mander8813@aol.com

NEWSPAPER CAPER, TERROR AT WOLF LAKE, NORTH WOODS POACHERS, MOUNTAIN CABIN MYSTERY, BIG RIG RUSTLERS, SECRET OF ABBOTT'S CAVE & LEGEND OF THE WHITE WOLF, are compared by readers and reviewers to Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, Scooby-Doo and adventure author Jack London.

4:44 PM

 
Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I love The Chronicals of Narnia! My favorite is book Prince Caspian.

5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home